SOSi is seeking a Special Security Officer (SSO) to join a large intelligence technical support services program in Europe. The SSO supports the Security Manager on all aspects of personnel and information security, to include: physical, personnel, information, and technical security throughout Europe.
- Develops, evaluates, maintains, and/or operating systems, policies, devices, procedures and methods used for safeguarding classified SCI information, property, and materials.
- Assists in development of and recommends policies and procedures for analyzing and evaluating the character, background and history of Government employees, candidates for employment, and other persons having or proposed to be granted access to classified or other sensitive information, materials, or work sites.
- Manages the operation of the Special Security Office and administers the SCI security program to include SCI security oversight.
- Maintains applicable SCI directives, regulations, manuals, and guidelines to adequately discharge SSO duties and responsibilities.
- Provides guidance and assistance for processing EPSQ, SCI position, and eligibility requests.
- Conducts SCI security briefings, indoctrinations, and debriefings; obtains signed Nondisclosure Agreements; and performs other related personnel security actions.
- Ensures each subordinate SSO or SSR conducts the self-inspection using an approved checklist.
- Investigates SCI security infractions, making recommendations and preparing required reports.
- Maintains listings of available SCI electrical and hard copy products, validates product requirements, and ensures dissemination to authorized users. Reviews all derogatory information from the local supporting military law enforcement agency involving SCI-indoctrinated personnel and takes appropriate action.
- Constantly evaluates SCI risk and recommends appropriate countermeasures.
- Creates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) for operations involving the use or transport of classified and SCI material.
- Reports security violations and Practices Dangerous to Security (PDS) IAW DoD 5105.21-M-1.
- Ability to obtain/maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Four years experience and training in the field .
- Working knowledge of SCI requirements and security. Knowledge of JDISS, JWICS, DMS, and AMHS automation systems and SIPR classified network.
- Must have a working knowledge of Executive Order 12563.
- Familiarity with National, DIA, and Army SCI security regulatory requirements.
- Fluency in a foreign language is desirable, but not required.
- Normal office working conditions with possible requirement to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs
- Periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary