LMI is currently seeking an innovative, experienced, and highly-skilled Analytic Developer to join our growing Advanced Analytics team in Vicenza, Italy. In this role, you will create and develop custom solutions for our users in a collaborative, fast-paced, state-of-the art environment. To be successful in this role, you will be thorough, creative, and exceptionally well-skilled in all phases of the development lifecycle, with a passion for continued learning and collaboration.
*This position is located in Vicenza, Italy and requires an active TS with SCI eligibility clearance*
*Also looking for candidates in these locations: Charlottesville, Fort Bragg (NC), Fort Gordon (GA), Ft. Meade, Hawaii, San Antonio, Germany, Italy, South Korea
- Develop deployable web applications to solve real-world intelligence challenges.
- Utilize and enhance analytic code from data scientist and integrate it into a deployment pipeline.
- Design, create, and implement user interfaces to meets the goals of objectives of the stakeholder.
- Assist data engineer integrating external datasets into data pipeline(s).
- Experience deploying applications to commercial clouds.
- Collaborate with Intelligence Analysts to understand needs, sketch out possible solutions, create solutions, and modify as necessary.
- Develop processes and tools to test applications created.
- Other duties include:
- Conduct technical reviews and develop appropriate materials to training system users and Instructors in preparation of operational deployments.
- Assess training requirements based on current system and functional baseline. Develop training artifacts in support of operations including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).The Contractor shall:
- Conduct surveys, interviews and research to develop solution strategies for alternative opportunities. Address the feasibility of developing standards or offer an alternative approach for capabilities that cannot be delivered through a common, industry-based standard.
- Perform system requirements analysis consisting of a structured approach to translate users’ needs into a technical system, product definitions as well as functional and engineering requirements.
- Conduct analysis, identify “as-is” and “to-be” processes, collect relevant data, information and documentation to formulate and implement a solution or recommendation.
- Develop data collection methods and tools to monitor status and provide updates when changes occur.
- Develop business cases or feasibility studies to justify IT investment initiatives. These analyses shall include a case for action, analysis of business requirements, analysis-of-alternatives, functional analysis, technical solutions, risk analysis and economic analysis including a rough order of magnitude and costs for comparing various options
- Active TS with SCI eligibility clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, engineering, or a related business or quantitative discipline strongly preferred or 5+ years of experience. Master's degree in these disciplines preferred.
- Experience working with platforms such as Scala, Python, Java, R
- 5+ years of related experience required
- Advanced development experience required
- Significant experience with databases
- Experience and familiarity with Agile-Scrum software development
- Experience gathering and decomposing requirements
- Proven record of solution development and deployment
- Familiarity with web based application development
- Experience with testing, use case, and user stories
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Highly-organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team-player mentality with a positive attitude
- Keen attention to detail and solid analytical skills
- Able to articulate complex, abstract concepts concisely and effectively